- About us
- Online retreat
- Message Board
- Podcasts & videos
- Bring the Good News
- Everyone Loves A Wedding
- Light Brings Joy
- What is Cathlics on Call? A Perspective from a Recent Participant
Donald Senior, C.P.
President Emeritus, Professor of New Testament Studies
Donald Senior, C.P., holds a Licentiate in theology (S.T.L.) from the University of Louvain, Belgium and a Doctorate in New Testament Studies (S.T.D.) from the University of Louvain. He has pursued further graduate studies at Hebrew Union College, Cincinnati, Ohio and at Harvard University.
A frequent lecturer across the country, Fr. Senior also serves on numerous boards and commissions. He is past President of the Association of Theological Schools of the United States and Canada. In 2001, Pope John Paul II appointed him as a member of the Pontifical Biblical Commission and was reappointed in 2006 and 2008 by Pope Benedict XVI. He has been active in interreligious dialogue, particularly with the Jewish and Muslim communities.
Fr. Senior is the General Editor of The Bible Today and co-editor of the twenty-two volume international commentary series New Testament Message. He is the General Editor of The Catholic Study Bible (Oxford University Press, 1990). He has authored and edited several books and articles.
Donald Senior is a member of the following professional associations: The Catholic Biblical Association of America; The Society of Biblical Literature; Studiorum Novi Testamenti Societas; The Chicago Society of Biblical Research; The Catholic Theological Society of America; The International Association of Missiological Studies; Pax Christi International.
He is also a past president of CTU.
Contributions from Donald Senior, C.P.
Scripture Reflection for the Resurrection of the Lord - The Mass of Easter Day (Sunday, April 5, 2015)
Scripture Readings: Acts 10:34A, 37-43 Psalm 118:1-2, 16-17, 22-23 Colossians 3:1-4 John 20:1-9
On this Easter Day we reach "ground zero" of our Christian faith - the conviction that God's love is stronger than death. The destiny of Jesus, the Word of God made flesh, is the assurance of this astounding and challenging core of our Christian faith.
April 1, 2015
- January 17, 2017: Kingship and the Kingdom of God - A Reflection for the New Year
- January 9, 2017: In Dew and in Rain Always Praise God
- December 25, 2016: Who Would Send a Baby - A Christmas Reflection
- December 15, 2016: God’s Will for Us and “The Little Way” - A Reflection on Call
- November 13, 2016: Not Words But Deeds - Presentation Foundation Day
- November 27, 2016: Waking and Walking - An Advent Reflection
- October 30, 2016: Mercy Received, Mercy Given - To Close the Year of Mercy
- September 28, 2016: Lord, Increase our Faith
Partner conference 2016 Fr. Frank Donio's presentation "Theology of Collaboration"