- About us
- Online retreat
- Message Board
- Podcasts & videos
- Bring the Good News
- Everyone Loves A Wedding
- Light Brings Joy
- What is Cathlics on Call? A Perspective from a Recent Participant
Young Adult Conference 2015
Summer Program in chicago, IL: august 4 - august 8, 2015
Is your PDA overflowing with appointments and events this summer? Work, weddings, family vacations, ballgames, business trips...it seems to never stop.
Maybe you need some time and space away from the pace of your everyday life, an alternative vacation. Time to learn how to discern and how to listen -- to yourself, and to God.
Every summer, Catholics on Call hosts a four-day program at Catholic Theological Union (CTU) in Chicago. This experience is designed for women and men (ages 18 to 30) who may be thinking about a life of service in the Church as a lay minister, religious sister or brother, or priest, and those who are undecided and want guidance in determining how God is calling them.
- Pray together, share your stories, dreams, and concerns, and enjoy the company of like-minded young adults.
- Hear nationally-known speakers offer insights about how to listen to God’s call in our lives.
- Meet outstanding church ministers who share the stories of their service and how they came to hear God’s call.
- Learn discernment skills and different styles of prayer.
The summer program provides a relaxed, comfortable environment for your personal discernment. It won’t be an experience of recruitment to any church group or community. Rather, it is a chance to listen to the voice of God, as God speaks within you and through others.
This is what participants say about the conference:
“It was an amazing experience, one that I cannot fully express the enormous impact on my life and my relationship with God.”
“It gave me time to intentionally reflect, in community with others, on God's will for my life--where I've been, where I'm going.”
“Catholics on Call allowed me, for the first time, to be open to God's call in my life and not be afraid of what that could mean.”
Be sure to check out our video highlighting the conferences!