- About us
- Online retreat
- Message Board
- Podcasts & videos
- Bring the Good News
- Everyone Loves A Wedding
- Light Brings Joy
- What is Cathlics on Call? A Perspective from a Recent Participant
Stephen Bevans, SVD
Stephen Bevans is currently Louis J. Luzbetak, S.V.D., Professor of Mission and Culture at Catholic Theological Union, Chicago, USA and the Faculty Moderator for Catholics on Call. He is a Roman Catholic priest in the Society of the Divine Word, an international missionary congregation, and served for nine years (1972-1981) as a missionary in the Philippines.
His publications include: Models of Contextual Theology (2002), Constants in Context: A Theology of Mission for Today (2004, with Roger Schroeder), Evangelization and Freedom (2009, with Jeffrey Gros), and Introduction to Theology in Global Perspective (2009).
He is past president of the American Society of Missiology (2006) and past member of the board of directors of the Catholic Theological Society of America (2007-2009). In 2009 he was visiting lecturer at Yarra Theological Union in Melbourne, Australia, and in the fall of 2009 he served as Scholar in Residence at the Crowther Center of mission studies at the headquarters of the Church Missionary Society in Oxford.
Contributions from Stephen Bevans, SVD
This is the text of a talk that Steve Bevans gave on October 28, 2011 at the annual meeting of the United States Catholic Mission Association (USCMA) in Miami, Florida. It was printed in the USCMA's newsletter Mission Update as the Winter, 2011 "USCMA Paper."
Click here to download the pdf of the article:
February 29, 2012
- December 5, 2013: The Wolf and the Lamb
- December 3, 2013: Prayer and Action
- November 27, 2013: Wind of Change
- November 22, 2013: Royal Forgiveness
- November 14, 2013: The End of the World As We Know It
- November 7, 2013: Called to Continue Jesus' Mission
- October 31, 2013: Searching
- October 31, 2013: Loved into Being to Be Love