- About us
- Online retreat
- Message Board
- Podcasts & videos
- Bring the Good News
- Everyone Loves A Wedding
- Light Brings Joy
- What is Cathlics on Call? A Perspective from a Recent Participant
Roger Schroeder, SVD
Fr. Roger Schroeder was ordained in 1979 as a member of the Society of the Divine Word (S.V.D.) after which he worked as a missionary for six years in Papua New Guinea. Upon earning a Doctorate in Missiology from the Pontifical Gregorian University in Rome, Schroeder began teaching at Catholic Theological Union. He has been at CTU since 1990. He is currently the Professor of Intercultural Studies and Ministry and the Louis J. Luzbetak, S.V.D., Professor of Mission and Culture at Catholic Theological Union.
Contributions from Roger Schroeder, SVD
scripture reflection for the sixth sunday in ordinary time (february 16, 2014)
Scripture Readings: Sirach 15:15-20 Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 17-18, 33-34 1 Corinthians 2:6-10 Matthew 5:17-37
The first reading from Sirach lays out the fundamental decision we need to make - the choice between life and death, between good and evil. That choice will determine the direction and meaning of our life. What does this decision entail?
February 12, 2014
- August 26, 2016: Seeing ourselves as God sees us
- August 19, 2016: Jesus is the Lord of risk, the Lord of the eternal “more”!
- August 12, 2016: The truth may set you free, but at what cost?
- July 27, 2016: Being and Having
- July 21, 2016: The Lord's Prayer
- July 13, 2016: Mary has chosen the better part, and You?
- July 8, 2016: Return to the Lord with all your heart and soul
- June 30, 2016: Re-Joy-ce: A daily commitment