- About us
- Online retreat
- Message Board
- Podcasts & videos
- Bring the Good News
- Everyone Loves A Wedding
- Light Brings Joy
- What is Cathlics on Call? A Perspective from a Recent Participant
Amy Nee Walker
Amy is a 2010 Catholics on Call alumna. She was a student at Loyola University in Chicago taking classes in Pastoral Studies. Amy has spent the past several years in the Catholic Worker Movement and is now living at the Jonah House peace community in West Baltimore with her husband and son.
Contributions from Amy Nee Walker
Sunday morning I was interrupted from a phone call with my sister, Hannah, by a persistent knock at the door. It was Dennis*, a man who’d recently begun showing up with tales of economic needs. He wanted money for a 7-day bus pass to get to his new job. Despite some reservations I gave him what he asked for, admittedly as much out of curiosity as out of compassion. Questions about what it means to serve the poor, and more to the point, what it means to know and love a person, to identify and meet their needs, surfaced and churned.
December 20, 2010
We were just sitting around talking, a group of friends at our favorite local pub and pizzeria. The dominating topic of conversation was non-defensive communication techniques, typical defensive responses, tools for change. We were talking about what it means to be nonviolent; what it means to love and live well. It was sweet and funny and challenging. I wondered what folks sitting at the bar would think if they overheard this table of twenty-something’s hashing out modes of healthy living late on a Thursday night.
April 28, 2011
- October 16, 2014: CoC Partner Conference 2014: A Young Adult's Perspective
- October 16, 2014: Everything Belongs to God
- October 7, 2014: Accessibility
- October 2, 2014: Getting 'Real' with God.
- September 30, 2014: God Leads Us Where He Needs Us
- September 26, 2014: CoC Partner Conference 2014: A Participant's Perspective
- September 23, 2014: Walking The Walk
- September 18, 2014: Time Is No Measure For God's Plan